What is Carbon Monoxide?

 

Faulty gas appliances can cause carbon monoxide poisoning

 

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths and poisoning related injury worldwide. CO is a highly poisonous – colourless, odourless, tasteless - gas that can kill.

 

Carbon Monoxide is a chemical. It a colourless, odourless, tasteless and toxic gas created by the incomplete combustion of fossil fuels (gas, oil, coal and wood). These fuels are used in everyday household appliances such as heaters, engines, boilers, burners and cooking appliances. All of these appliances pose a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. The chemical symbol is CO and it is often know by this abbreviation. It is a single atom of carbon and oxygen combined. It is often mistakenly confused with carbon dioxide C02. C02 is harmless, but carbon monoxide (CO) is harmful and deadly.

Click here for further information for Landlords

 

 

{{#products}}

{{title}}

More info
{{/products}}
x
img

Product added to cart!

Has add to wishlist susscess !