If you suspect high levels of carbon monoxide or poisoning:
- Get fresh air immediately by open doors and windows, turn off any fuel burning appliances and leave the house.
- See a doctor or go to hospital immediately. Tell them you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning. They should then do a blood or breath test to check.
- Call the relevant emergency helpline for your regions:
United Kingdom – call the Gas Emergency Helpline 0800 111 999
- Northern Ireland – call the Gas Emergency Service 0800 002 001
- Guernsey – call Guernsey Gas Ltd: 01481 749000
- Jersey – call Jersey Gas Company Ltd 01534 755555
- Get a Gas Safe registered engineer to inspect and assess your gas appliances and flues